Arizona Gives Day, the grassroots, statewide day of giving that invites Arizonans to support their favorite causes, raised $2.74 million for nonprofits on April 4, 2017.
Hosted by the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits and Arizona Grantmakers Forum, and presented by FirstBank, Arizona Gives Day has now helped raise more than $10.14 million for Arizona nonprofits since its founding in 2013.
“We saw an overwhelming outpouring of generosity from donors this year, with 84 percent electing to cover all processing fees related to their donations to their favorite nonprofits,” said Kristen Merrifield, CEO of the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits. “This is just one indicator that Arizona Gives Day is accomplishing what we set out to do — fostering an incredible spirit of philanthropy in Arizona.”
This year, 18,301 online donations and hundreds of offline contributions helped raise $2,739,433 for nonprofit organizations across the state, many of which raised double their 2016 contribution totals.
“Arizona Gives Day continues to showcase the collective power of personalized philanthropy in our state,” said Laurie Liles, president and CEO of Arizona Grantmakers Forum. “Since it began in 2013, this annual day of giving has raised an impressive $10 million for local nonprofits. Through their generosity, Arizona Gives Day donors are literally changing lives. That kind of power is habit-forming, and I can’t wait to see what next year will bring.”
Human service organizations were the largest percentage of participating nonprofits, followed by education, animals, arts and culture, youth development, health, community improvement, environment, social advocacy, religion/faith-based, economic development, mutual/membership benefit, science/technology and international/foreign affairs, respectively.
“We are so proud to be the presenting sponsor of Arizona Gives Day and are thrilled with its success,” said Bryce Lloyd, FirstBank President – Phoenix. “Surpassing 1,000 participating Arizona nonprofits for the first time was a huge milestone. It shows the power of a collective voice, while allowing each nonprofit to directly benefit and use the day to achieve their goals and unique purposes.”
ARIZONA GIVES DAY 2017 RESULTS FAST FACTS
- 1,028 organizations participated from across the state
- 300+ organizations joined Arizona Gives Day for the first time
- $175,000 in prize money was distributed to winning nonprofits
NUMBERS BY COUNTY
- Maricopa: 8,180 donations; raised $886,534.36; 592 nonprofits
- Pima: 6,201 donations; raised $696,092.74; 227 nonprofits
- Yavapai: 721 donations; raised $102,316.55; 48 nonprofits
- Pinal: 547 donations; raised $88,917.15; 27 nonprofits
- Navajo: 562 donations; raised $85,049.74; 18 nonprofits
- Coconino: 721 donations; raised $64,980.93; 43 nonprofits
- Cochise: 289 donations; raised $54,717.14; 14 nonprofits
- Graham: 201 donations; raised $32,278.70; 12 nonprofit
- National/Out of State: 66 donations; raised $8,717.79; 12 nonprofits
- Santa Cruz: 37 donations; raised $3,863.04; 7 nonprofits
- Mohave: 42 donations; raised $2,042.37; 10 nonprofits
- Yuma: 25 donations; raised $1,945.55; 11 nonprofits
- Apache: 25 donations; raised $1,674.47; 6 nonprofits
- Gila: 5 donations; raised $716.23; 6 nonprofits
- La Paz: N/A
- Greenlee: N/A
INCENTIVE PRIZE WINNERS
- If you would like to see a list of the 71 nonprofits who received a portion of the $175,000 prize pool, you can view the full list here. (List includes nonprofit name, prize amount, prize category, bonuses and county information for each winner.)