Join the Cover Kids Coalition, a broad alliance of parents, pediatricians, nurses, businesses, school board members and faith and women’s groups across the state, to call on lawmakers to lift the enrollment freeze on KidsCare in the state budget plan. Bring your family, friends and colleagues to show your support for Arizona’s children.
- Representative Regina Cobb, R – Kingman
- Laurie Liles, president & CEO, Arizona Grantmakers Forum
- Dr. Delphis Richardson, president of the Arizona chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Michael Simoni, president, March of Dimes, Arizona Chapter
- Donald Smith, president & CEO, CopperPoint Insurance Companies and board chair, Valley of the Sun United Way
- Dana Wolfe Naimark, president & CEO, Children’s Action Alliance
KidsCare has been closed to new enrollment since 2010. The cost to the state budget will be zero because Arizona is eligible for 100 percent federal funding. Arizona is currently the only state in the country without a Children’s Health Insurance Program and has the third highest rate of uninsured children in the nation. You can read the full media advisory for the press conference here.
This follows Liles’ March 23 letter to Gov. Ducey as part of the Cover Kids Coalition’s letter-writing campaign.