Registration is required for all Arizona Grantmakers Forum events. We welcome board members, trustees and staff at all levels from AGF member organizations to attend. AGF events are only open to AGF members unless otherwise noted.
Please join your fellow Arizona Grantmakers Forum members to discover the broader world of foundations that have few or no staff, and see where your foundation fits in. Based on key insights from Exponent Philanthropy’s annual survey of leanly staffed foundations, we will review trends in boards and governance, grantmaking practices, investments and compensation, including:
- How are foundation boards working to engage the next generation and how does next generation engagement change the foundation?
- How have grantmaking tactics like capacity building, advocacy and disaster response changed over the past five years?
- What techniques are foundations using to incorporate racial equity in their work?
- What are the investment returns foundations are earning and how are they balancing their portfolios?
- How are foundations compensating their staff members and when do they opt to hire consultants?
Brendan McCormick, content manager at Exponent Philanthropy, will join us via live stream to lead the discussion and explore the trends and data gathered from the Operations and Management Survey fielded to 2,000 Exponent Philanthropy members.
At this roundtable discussion, small and family foundation colleagues will also have time to share current projects, areas of interest and opportunities for future collaboration. We look forward to seeing you there!
The Small and Family Foundations Affinity Group is designed for staff of family foundations and foundations with fewer than five staff members who are responsible for all functions of their foundations.
A special thanks to the Hickey Family Foundation for sponsoring this affinity group!