Join Arizona Grantmakers Forum as we continue The Values Series, a sequence of programs and workshops designed to inform and inspire you to approach your work in new ways. Our values—Integrity, Collaboration, Community Stewardship, Diversity & Inclusion and Transformation—are central to our educational programming as we pursue our mission to empower our members to transform Arizona through leadership and meaningful philanthropy.
As a follow-up to our upcoming Poverty in Arizona program on October 19, we will continue our focus on the value of Community Stewardship to explore issues of homelessness in Maricopa County. During a panel discussion moderated by Penny Allee Taylor of Valley of the Sun United Way, local experts will address the current funding sources for shelters and programs and the challenges they face. Members will gain a better understanding of what’s working in the continuum of care and identify gaps where funders might collaborate to advance the work.
- Anne Scott of Maricopa Regional Continuum of Care provided data and an overview of what the homeless population in the county
View Anne’s presentation slides here.
- Charlene Flaherty of Corporation for Supportive Housing provided a national perspective on housing, as well as local issues
- Sister Adele O’Sullivan of Circle the City discussed health care needs of homeless people
View Sister Adele’s presentation slides here.
- Mattie Lord of UMOM and the Family Housing Hub discussed issues unique to homeless families
- David Bridge of Lodestar Day Resource Center discussed shelter care and the Human Services Campus
View David’s handout here.
Registration is required. This program is only open to AGF members.